No need for expensive hydraulic tools to remove and insert self-piercing rivets.
Steck’s new SPR Extraction Tool is a high-grade, hardened steel frame, that uses a 1/2” 20 grade 8 hex bolt, with hardened tip, to easily push out a SPR with your 3/4” or 19mm socket using your 1/2” impact wrench.
The SPR Extraction Tool allows the technician to control the repair process without waiting in line for the very expensive hydraulic tools to do the same process.
1) Follow manufacturer procedures to remove the trim panel which exposes the SPR’s that need to be removed.
2) Insert the hardened tip of the hex bolt to the inside of the door, hand tighten the bolt to the center of the SPR backside, keeping the body of the tool against the door flange
3) Install your 3/4” or 19mm socket to your 1/2” impact wrench and engage.
4) Within 3-5 seconds you will see the old SPR come out from the bottom.
5) Install rope hem on door skin using the AI Skin Zipper (PN 21892) and the window flange with the AI Skin Zipper 2 (PN 21896) or other tools according to manufacturers instructions.