The Inner Race Hub Saver allows the technician to easily remove the interference fit instead of trying to use a grinder and or chisels to break hardened steel as well as using bearing splitters under extremely high pressure.
- Unbolt or press out the wheel hub and bearing assembly from the knuckle on the suspension arm of most (many late and older model) Toyota, Honda, Ford, Acura, Mazda, and some Subaru, VW, Audi, and BMW applications
- Clean spindle both before and after interference fit removal with emery cloth and remove grease with brake cleaner or solvent.
- Assemble Inner Race Hub Saver steel cone into base and place hub on top of the cone. Place CLEAN hub and inner race assembly on assembled cone and base.
- Put on proper PPE, such as goggles, gloves, etc. to light the oxyacetylene torch.
- While slowly rotating the hub, hold the torch at a 45-degree angle, concentrating heat in the center of the bearing race for approximately a minute or until it slides onto the cone. If the bearing does not release from the hub within 2 minutes, let assembly cool down to room temperature and repeat starting at step 2.
- Turn off the torch and invert the Inner Race Hub Cone to remove the interference fit before it cools.
The Inner Race Hub Saver allows the technician to replace the bearing assembly for around $45-70 cost versus $200-500 cost or more in about 5 minutes versus 30-45 minutes.
See your Steck dealer and pick up your Inner Race Hub Saver today!